How to Make 3D Plots in R
Written by Matt Dancho on January 12, 2021
This article is part of a R-Tips Weekly, a weekly video tutorial that shows you step-by-step how to do common R coding tasks.
The RStudio IDE is amazing. You can enhance your R productivity even more with these simple keyboard shortcuts.
Here are the links to get set up. 👇
Making Your First 3D Plot
Start by making a ggplot w/ mtcars displ vs mpg
Then unleash the AWESOME POWER 🔥 of
rayshader to make it 3D ⛰️
Making Elevation Plots
What about heatmaps and volcano plots?
Sometimes you have heatmap formatted data where you have a matrix:
- x/y-axis are the rows/columns
- depth (z-axis) is the values in the matrix.
We can handle this
matrix data format with:
- A little bit of data wrangling with
- Then make swiftly make a
- Then just like before, use
Your boss is loving your new data story-telling skills. 👇 This is career acceleration
SETUP R-TIPS WEEKLY PROJECT
- Sign Up to Get the R-Tips Weekly (you'll get email notifications of NEW R-Tips as they are released)
- Set Up the GitHub Repo
- Check out the setup video. Or, hit Pull in the Git Menu to get the R-Tips Code
Once you take these actions, you’ll be set up to receive R-Tips with Code every week. =)
👇 Top R-Tips Tutorials you might like: